Leadership from the five Gulf States forms the foundation of the Alliance and each of the Gulf States has committed time and resources to its successful implementation. Through a collaborative approach, the priority issues of the Gulf are being addressed with scientific and technical experts and resource managers who have the knowledge base and experience.
- Florida leads the Water Quality Priority Issue Team
- Alabama leads the Environmental Education Priority Issue Team
- Mississippi leads the Nutrient Reduction Priority Issue Team
- Louisiana leads the Habitat Conservation and Restoration Priority Issue Team
- Texas leads the Ecosystems Integration Priority Issue Team
- Mississippi and Louisiana co-lead the Coastal Community Resilience Priority Issue Team