Sign up for the Alliance eNewsletter
- Alliance Reorganization and Coastal Resilience Meeting (1/20/2015) - The Gulf of Mexico Alliance reorganizes with new and improved issues, starting a year of planning with the Coastal Resilience Team meeting in February.
- Alabama Gulf Coast Recovery Council Solicits Public Comment (12/19/2014) - The Alabama Gulf Coat Recovery Council currently has to items open for public comment.
- SAVE THE DATE 2015 All Hands Meeting (11/24/2014) - The Gulf of Mexico Alliance has announced dates for the 2015 All Hands meeting.
- New River-Highlands Resource Conservation & Development Council Joins the Gulf of Mexico Alliance (11/19/2014) - The Gulf of Mexico Alliance (Alliance) is reaching beyond the coast and making connections throughout the Gulf’s vast watershed. Recently, the New River-Highlands Resource Conservation and Development (RC&D) Council joined the Alliance in the overall goal for a healthy and sustainable Gulf. The New River-Highlands Resource Conservation and Development Council is comprised of Soil and Water […]
- The Partnership for Gulf Coast Land Conservation Releases “A Land Conservation Vision for the Gulf of Mexico Region” (11/13/2014) - The Partnership for Gulf Coast Land Conservation, a program of the Land Trust Alliance, announced today the release of “A Land Conservation Vision for the Gulf of Mexico Region.” This landmark report unites multiple partners to identify priority focus areas for land conservation and economic revival in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Nominations Are Now Open for 2015 Gulf Guardian Awards (10/31/2014) - The US EPA Gulf of Mexico Program is now accepting nominations for the 2015 Gulf Guardians Awards.
- Priority Agenda for Enhancing the Climate Resilience of America’s Natural Resources (10/15/2014) - The White House Council on Environmental Quality just released the Priority Agenda for Enhancing the Climate Resilience of America's Natural Resources on October 8th.
- October RESTORE Webinars & Meetings Planned (10/6/2014) - The Gulf of Mexico Alliance is pleased to help support the RESTORE Council and its state partners by notifying ours of upcoming webinars and meetings for the month of October.
- GOMA Oversees Expansive Efforts to Conduct and Share Oil Spill Science (10/1/2014) - Since the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill, an unprecedented coordinated 10-year $500 million research effort to understand impacts and improve response has been underway.
- Enhanced Announcements (9/24/2014) - The Gulf of Mexico Alliance has enhanced their website announcements.
- Gulf of Mexico Ecosystem Services (9/19/2014) - The Harte Research Institute and Gulf of Mexico Alliance collaborate on the ecosystem services projects around the Gulf of Mexico.
- Gulf of Mexico Alliance and GCOOS-RA Sign MOU (9/17/2014) - The Gulf of Mexico Alliance signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Gulf of Mexico Coastal Ocean Observing System Regional Association.
- Restore Council Seeks Subject Matter Experts (9/8/2014) - The Restore Council is actively recruiting subject matter experts to serve as panelists to review proposals submitted to the Council. The Council is seeking highly qualified volunteers to conduct independent, external science reviews of proposed restoration projects and programs. Given the wide range of potential projects and programs to be reviewed, the Council is seeking […]
- Deepwater Horizon Project Tracker in Development (9/2/2014) - The Gulf of Mexico Alliance signed a memorandum of agreement with The Trust for Public Land, Ducks Unlimited, and the U.S. Endowment for Forestry and Communities to further develop GOMA’s restoration project map site into a more robust project information system called the Deepwater Horizon Project Tracker.
- Study Examines Texas and Florida Communities’ Sea-Level Rise Risks (8/28/2014) - The Nature Conservancy completed a paper on sea-level rise and conservation analysis in select areas of Texas and Florida.
- Gulf Restoration Council Announces Proposal Submission Window For Council Members (8/21/2014) - The Gulf Coast Ecosystem Restoration Council (Council) announced today the release of project submission guidelines and a new rule to support State planning efforts. This marks a significant milestone in the Council’s efforts to restore the ecosystem and economy of the Gulf coast region. With the release of these guidelines, Council members may begin submitting […]
- Treasury Issues RESTORE Act Interim Final Rule (8/13/2014) - The U.S. Treasury Department today announced that a new rule has been published in the Federal Register for Gulf Coast states and municipalities to receive funding for environmental restoration and economic development projects. Download a copy of the rule now.