Sign up for the Alliance eNewsletter
- Deepwater Horizon Trustees Invite Public Comment on 10 Proposed Early Restoration Gulf Projects (5/21/2015) - The Deepwater Horizon oil spill Natural Resource Damage Assessment Trustees (Trustees) released a draft plan that proposes 10 early restoration projects across the Gulf states at an estimated cost of $134 million. Public meetings are set June 2-11 along the Gulf of Mexico and a comment period is open through June 19, 2015.
- Alabama Gulf Coast Recovery Council News (5/13/2015) - Two announcements were made concerning the Alabama Gulf Coast Recovery Council (AGCRC). The first, following a 45-day public comment period, the AGCRC released its Center of Excellence Research Grants Program Competitive Process and related Solicitation for Proposals. In the second announcement, the AGCRC is soliciting proposals from non-governmental entities and consortia, including public and private institutions of higher learning, in the Gulf Coast Region to serve as Alabama’s Center of Excellence.
- Gulf of Mexico Alliance Launches Deepwater Horizon Project Tracker (4/19/2015) - A new website allows visitors to see where Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill restoration projects are taking place. The largest environmental disaster in the Gulf of Mexico began April 20, 2010, taking 11 lives when it occurred. With the fifth anniversary of the oil spill, the Gulf of Mexico Alliance releases the “Deepwater Horizon (DWH) Project […]
- Deepwater Horizon Project Tracker Going Live April 20 (4/14/2015) - The Deepwater Horizon Project Tracker is going live Monday, April 20, 2015. A general public webinar demonstration with question and answer period will be held Thursday, April 23, 2015.
- NOAA Course “Introducing Green Infrastructure for Coastal Resilience” Offered at Apalachicola Reserve (3/17/2015) - A NOAA course, “Introducing Green Infrastructure for Coastal Resilience," will be offered at Apalachicola Reserve. Participants will learn how green infrastructure can play a critical role in making coastal communities more resilient. Green Infrastructure is a network of natural areas that benefits nature and people.
- Registration Now Open for 2015 All Hands Meeting (3/9/2015) - The Gulf of Mexico Alliance will convene in Biloxi, MS for the 2015 All Hands Meeting scheduled for June 16-18, 2015. Registration is open and planning is now underway. The Alliance hosts a regional meeting for networking and collaboration. Updates on regional initiatives are presented and each team showcases results of current projects. This year, a significant part of the agenda will be devoted to Action Plan III development.
- 2015 Oil Spill Science Conference Wrapping Up (2/19/2015) - The Gulf of Mexico Research Initiative (GoMRI) is wrapping up the 2015 Oil Spill & Ecosystem Science Conference. More than 1000 people from 21 countries participated in the annual conference to discuss research associated with the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Join the I Love Estuaries Campaign (2/12/2015) - Organizations around the country are participating in "I heart Estuaries" campaign in the week leading up to Valentines Day. Support for the ecologically and economically valuable coastal areas is being shown throughout social media using the hashtag #iheartestuaries.
- Aransas Pass, TX Using Coastal Community Resilience Index (2/3/2015) - Aransas Pass, Texas officials are using a tried and true method to assess their vulnerability to coastal hazards. With the Community Resilience Index, the community will be able to target areas for improvement and be better prepared for future storms.
- Alliance Reorganization and Coastal Resilience Meeting (1/20/2015) - The Gulf of Mexico Alliance reorganizes with new and improved issues, starting a year of planning with the Coastal Resilience Team meeting in February.
- Alabama Gulf Coast Recovery Council Solicits Public Comment (12/19/2014) - The Alabama Gulf Coat Recovery Council currently has to items open for public comment.
- SAVE THE DATE 2015 All Hands Meeting (11/24/2014) - The Gulf of Mexico Alliance has announced dates for the 2015 All Hands meeting.
- New River-Highlands Resource Conservation & Development Council Joins the Gulf of Mexico Alliance (11/19/2014) - The Gulf of Mexico Alliance (Alliance) is reaching beyond the coast and making connections throughout the Gulf’s vast watershed. Recently, the New River-Highlands Resource Conservation and Development (RC&D) Council joined the Alliance in the overall goal for a healthy and sustainable Gulf. The New River-Highlands Resource Conservation and Development Council is comprised of Soil and Water […]
- The Partnership for Gulf Coast Land Conservation Releases “A Land Conservation Vision for the Gulf of Mexico Region” (11/13/2014) - The Partnership for Gulf Coast Land Conservation, a program of the Land Trust Alliance, announced today the release of “A Land Conservation Vision for the Gulf of Mexico Region.” This landmark report unites multiple partners to identify priority focus areas for land conservation and economic revival in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Nominations Are Now Open for 2015 Gulf Guardian Awards (10/31/2014) - The US EPA Gulf of Mexico Program is now accepting nominations for the 2015 Gulf Guardians Awards.
- Priority Agenda for Enhancing the Climate Resilience of America’s Natural Resources (10/15/2014) - The White House Council on Environmental Quality just released the Priority Agenda for Enhancing the Climate Resilience of America's Natural Resources on October 8th.
- October RESTORE Webinars & Meetings Planned (10/6/2014) - The Gulf of Mexico Alliance is pleased to help support the RESTORE Council and its state partners by notifying ours of upcoming webinars and meetings for the month of October.