Sign up for the Alliance eNewsletter
- Gulf of Mexico Ecosystem Services (9/19/2014) - The Harte Research Institute and Gulf of Mexico Alliance collaborate on the ecosystem services projects around the Gulf of Mexico.
- Gulf of Mexico Alliance and GCOOS-RA Sign MOU (9/17/2014) - The Gulf of Mexico Alliance signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Gulf of Mexico Coastal Ocean Observing System Regional Association.
- Restore Council Seeks Subject Matter Experts (9/8/2014) - The Restore Council is actively recruiting subject matter experts to serve as panelists to review proposals submitted to the Council. The Council is seeking highly qualified volunteers to conduct independent, external science reviews of proposed restoration projects and programs. Given the wide range of potential projects and programs to be reviewed, the Council is seeking […]
- Deepwater Horizon Project Tracker in Development (9/2/2014) - The Gulf of Mexico Alliance signed a memorandum of agreement with The Trust for Public Land, Ducks Unlimited, and the U.S. Endowment for Forestry and Communities to further develop GOMA’s restoration project map site into a more robust project information system called the Deepwater Horizon Project Tracker.
- Study Examines Texas and Florida Communities’ Sea-Level Rise Risks (8/28/2014) - The Nature Conservancy completed a paper on sea-level rise and conservation analysis in select areas of Texas and Florida.
- Gulf Restoration Council Announces Proposal Submission Window For Council Members (8/21/2014) - The Gulf Coast Ecosystem Restoration Council (Council) announced today the release of project submission guidelines and a new rule to support State planning efforts. This marks a significant milestone in the Council’s efforts to restore the ecosystem and economy of the Gulf coast region. With the release of these guidelines, Council members may begin submitting […]
- Treasury Issues RESTORE Act Interim Final Rule (8/13/2014) - The U.S. Treasury Department today announced that a new rule has been published in the Federal Register for Gulf Coast states and municipalities to receive funding for environmental restoration and economic development projects. Download a copy of the rule now.
- Texas Publication – Shoring Up Our Future (8/13/2014) - In 2013, the Texas General Land Office (GLO) issued an overview report, “The Texas Coast: Shoring Up Our Future.” Based on issues of concern identified by more than 40 experts that make up the Texas GLO’s Coastal Management Program’s Technical Advisory Committee, the overview illustrates the Texas Coast’s economic and environmental significance and describes the […]
- Gulf of Mexico Alliance Solicits Input for Strategic Planning (8/11/2014) - Input is needed to develop the next strategic plan. Priorities are being re-evaluated. A survey is available to offer broad stakeholder participation.
- Gulf States Restoration Updates (8/6/2014) - The Gulf of Mexico Alliance issued an e-news blast today on Gulf States Restoration Updates.
- Participate in the Gulf Coast Vulnerability Assessment (7/31/2014) - The Gulf Coast Vulnerability Assessment, (GCVA) is evaluating the vulnerability of mangroves, barrier islands, oyster reefs, and tidal emergent marshes (and the species associated with them) to climate change, sea level rise, and urbanization across the northern U.S. Gulf of Mexico.
- Gulf Restoration Council Approves Proposal Process (7/28/2014) - The Gulf Restoration Council approved the Proposal Submission and Evaluation Process. A Proposal Submission Window is anticipated to open next month.
- Our Changing Climate – New Report (7/21/2014) - The U.S. Global Change Research Program has released a full report on the National Climate Assessment, “Our Changing Climate.” It provides and in-depth look at climate change impacts on the U.S. The full report, found on www.globalchange.gov, can be reviewed by looking at specific regions or exploring different affected sectors.
- Gulf of Mexico Alliance Gathering Input for A Regional Blueprint (6/20/2014) - It seems just yesterday that the Governors’ Action Plan II was approved. Now, five years later, Priority Issue Teams are assessing the status of objectives from that Plan and looking forward. During the May PIT Meetings, each team began to focus on evaluation priorities and identifying objectives to continue for the region. Over the next […]
- 10 Years of Building Partnerships for a Healthier Gulf (6/12/2014) - 10 Years of Building Partnerships for a Healthier Gulf -- An Editorial by Laura Bowie, Executive Director
- Gulf of Mexico Alliance Celebrating Ten Years Tonight (5/20/2014) - Gulf of Mexico Alliance will celebrate ten years of regional partnerships tonight
- Gulf of Mexico Alliance Priority Issue Team Meeting Underway (5/19/2014) - The Gulf of Mexico Alliance launched its tenth year with the start of Priority Issue Team meetings in Mobile, Alabama.