One of the priorities identified by the five Gulf states is data and monitoring. The Data and Monitoring Team will focus on: observations and monitoring, data access and acquisition, tool maintenance for all GOMA Teams, the Master Mapping Plan, performance measures, and the Gulf Report Card.
The Team has two goals:
- Improve decision making through coordination and provide guidance for monitoring, mapping, and data sharing collaborations
- Enable data and monitoring integration to support Alliance priorities
The GOMA Data and Monitoring Team is led by the State of Florida, but has active participation from all five Gulf States and federal agencies working in the region, as well as academia, businesses, and non-profit organizations. Learn more about the Team’s focus areas and actions in Action Plan III.
Gulf Star 2016 Award
- Updating and Upgrading GOMAportal | Harte Research Institute
This project updates and upgrades the GOMAportal (www.gomaportal.org) to better support new metadata standards and interoperability, relocate the entire system to a new server with more storage capacity, and enhances the interface to be more user-friendly.
Team Tools and Publications
- Spatial Trends in Coastal Socioeconomics (STICS) - View demographic, economic, and recreation data for the Gulf of Mexico or to download the NOAA report Population Trends Along the Coastal United States.
- National Ocean Economics Program (NOEP) - Established in 1999, the National Ocean Economics Program (NOEP) provides a full range of the most current economic and socio-economic information available on changes and trends along the U.S. coast and in coastal waters.
- Gulf of Mexico Data Atlas - An online regional collaboration resulting in assessments of the physical environment, marine resources, and economic activity around the Gulf.
- Gulf of Mexico Data Acquisition Planning Tool (GDAPT) - A platform that allows Gulf of Mexico stakeholders to plan and coordinate data acquisition activities by linking planned acquisition information to graphics representing the extent of the acquisition within a map-based interface.
- Metadata Enterprise Resource Management Aid (MERMAid) - A secure online Web-based application that allows users to create, validate, manage and publish metadata records.
- Metadata Transforms - Extensible Markup Language (XML) transformations available to automate the metadata translation and can be developed to automate metadata creation.
- Ecowatch - A data management infrastructure that is comprised of data services and support functions for data discovery.
- Dave Reed, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Rebecca Bernard, Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve
- Kayleigh Michaelides, Florida Department of Environmental Protection
Team Meeting Information
- Contact your coordinator for any meeting notes or presentations.